View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 08:26 AM

moucheur2003 has much to be proud ofmoucheur2003 has much to be proud ofmoucheur2003 has much to be proud ofmoucheur2003 has much to be proud ofmoucheur2003 has much to be proud ofmoucheur2003 has much to be proud ofmoucheur2003 has much to be proud ofmoucheur2003 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Simms customer service

I can't say enough good things about LL Bean customer service when it comes to waders. I bought their Gore-Tex Bomber waders when they first came out, and two years later I found a seam leak right before a fishing trip to the wilderness in Canada. They Fed-Exed me a replacement pair so I would have them for the trip and said just to mail back the bad ones after I got home. Then, a few years after that, the replacements eventually started to leak at the neoprene bootie toe. I couldn't fix it with Aqua Seal so I asked Bean to repair them. Instead they gave me a merchandise credit that was almost exactly the same as the (discounted) sale price they were offering on their Helix waders (which replaced the Bomber model but aren't Gore-Tex). It's been two years in the Helixes now with no problems, and more than 10 since that first pair of Bombers! What a way to buld customer loyalty. Now I make it a point to buy my pants and shirts at LL Bean, too, even though you can buy those anywhere.