View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 08:26 AM

moucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Simms customer service

I can't say enough good things about LL Bean customer service when it comes to waders. I bought their Gore-Tex Bomber waders when they first came out, and two years later I found a seam leak right before a fishing trip to the wilderness in Canada. They Fed-Exed me a replacement pair so I would have them for the trip and said just to mail back the bad ones after I got home. Then, a few years after that, the replacements eventually started to leak at the neoprene bootie toe. I couldn't fix it with Aqua Seal so I asked Bean to repair them. Instead they gave me a merchandise credit that was almost exactly the same as the (discounted) sale price they were offering on their Helix waders (which replaced the Bomber model but aren't Gore-Tex). It's been two years in the Helixes now with no problems, and more than 10 since that first pair of Bombers! What a way to buld customer loyalty. Now I make it a point to buy my pants and shirts at LL Bean, too, even though you can buy those anywhere.