View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 08:29 AM

creeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of lightcreeker is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Sage One 390 w/Sage 4230 reel

Having returned from my Sierra's trip, I'm still very pleased with this set up. Large fish for the weekend was a 22" wild bow in moving water. There was enough backbone to keep its head turned, yet still protect the 5X tippet.

It suffered in the light breezes first day out. Well, actually, there was a high wind warning and no one was having any success.....

One irratation- the clicker on the reel would arbitrarily work. I personally like a click. Others may not. But both is maddening. It appeared that when the reel got wet, it got silent. I'll take it apart for an exam and see what's up.

So, the low down is its a fun rod from smaller creek trout up to some decent sized wild fish. The length hurts in tight quarters, and helps every where else. If you have to pack a single rod, within reason, it's worthy of a look.