View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 07:40 PM

troutslayer has a spectacular aura abouttroutslayer has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Savage River streamflow

I'm a stubborn dry fly kind of guy! A few years ago I was unemployed due to downsizing during the Spring and Summer (tough break huh?). I used the Adams #16 always for starters and usually caught one. If that didn't work I switched to a #16 Lt. Cahill. These two flies caught more fish that year! I could bring them up that year when there wasn't a hatch on with these two dry flies! Can't say that will always work but I'd try them next time you are down there, I'm going to when I get up and around again. I asked my wife tonight that there must be a bridge down there somewhere that I could fish out of the van on but she said no! She is taking very good care of me during this time!
"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...because only in the woods can I find solitude without lonliness..." Robert Traver 1964 (Judge John Voelker)