View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 09:14 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Fly Shops and YOU!

It doesn't matter where you go lots of Flyshops have downsized many have closed as I know heaps who sell Flytying,Fishing,Hunting Gear from their home,
A friend started making Lures,he's going OK with The Mail Order business at Present.
It's good to see someone interested & willing to have a go,however America & Australia are alike, most of The Stuff comes From China.
When I was in Anchorage in 2010 I was having a drink & Talking to a guy who worked at The Airport,he said 2 Huge CHINA AIR Jumbos come into Anchorage every 2 to 4 weeks with gear for The Tourist Trade.
Lots of our,like The American Industries have gone Offshore so what's made in Either The US or Australia anymore ????
In Australia,we have all The Minerals,Gases as well as Oil,The Previous Government & The Producers Done a deal to supply China with Natural Gas @ 5 CENTS a litre for 25 years,BIG DEAL we pay 68-70 CENTS,We even pay $2.49/litre for Diesel,similiar for Petrol ( Gasoline)
Another one of our large Retailers wants The Government to put taxes on goods bought Online,he was the one who bought White Goods into The Country which virtually wiped our Industry out.
So good Luck to anyone who tries as you are in a Global Market competing,you even see The Oldest known Maker Hardy's,as well as many others getting Fly Reels,Rods etc,made Offshore & selling them with a huge Markup profit.
I've spent many hours looking around & I am very surprised what I can buy almost anything out of China For,yes me,however to open a Shop would be out of The Question,even though I wouldn't have any operating Costs,the Overheads wouldn't be worth me having a go...
Brian.

Last edited by Liphookedau; 05-28-2012 at 09:45 PM.