View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 01:26 AM

lancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: mo trout fishing

Do yourself a favor and get away from the parks. You may not catch as many fish but you can avoid some of the crowds. The current is a BEAUTIFUL river that gets hit pretty hard but not so much so as the parks.

The North Fork of the White holds wild rainbows that are awesome as well, but it would be a bit more travel.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, i think stripping streamers can be effective in flowing water, but I prefer to swing flies and tend to do pretty well that way.

Your 5 and 6 are plenty fine, a four would be more fun if your going to stick to the parks though, they typically don't fight as hard as a wild fish or one that has been in the stream for quite a while.

If you trout fish MO quite abit you owe it to yourself to hit taneycomo atleast once for the experience of a tailwater. Its not much further than bennett from you and there is always the possibility of a double digit fish.. in pounds, and at night it can be the most fun thing in the world.

No Secret flies for the parks but if you want to try and become even more effective sight fish for them and watch the take instead of using an indicator, not only is it very effective but it will make you a better angler as well.

Hope this helps.