View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 09:49 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default Re: mo trout fishing

The parks are ok. I've been to all of them and have caught fish at all of them. I have caught "lunkers" at Bennett and at Montauk. I have a secret fly I use at the parks thats almost cheating but it works so well it has gotten boring to fish in the parks with it. Catching 50+ fish on a weekend trip is the norm.

Fishing outside the parks is definitly where its at. The little Blue ribbon streams are awesome and the fish are outstandingly pretty. I have caught some nice fish in the Current outside of Montauk, im hoping to get out there this weekend. Pending that everything at work goes right this week, which actually means it going wrong.

For streamer fishing i usually catch em on the retrive. Dead drifting is too slow and boring for me, so i will seak out the fish wanting to chase down a meal. My buddy will dead drift mohair leeches and catch fish, but I will usually catch fish 2 to 1 with fishing active streamers. But yeah...blonde mohair leeches work really well at Montauk, so do size 18 and more commonly size 20 griffens gnat.

Just buy the 4 weight, you'll get use out of it. I usually fished the parks with a 3wt but use a 5 now since Im throwing bigger flies

Storm Drain Bonefisher