View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 09:12 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future
Default Re: High Build vs Lite Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by zug buggin View Post
I was about to order a rod finish kit and I don't know the difference (beginner) between High Build vs Lite build rod finish. Whats the difference, advantages vs disadvantages?
I like thin buildup on the threads, so I like the lite, or even spar varnish. Some people like the high build. To me, footballs belong on the gridiron, not on a flyrod. But I have no problem with high build, but with the lite, I can get the number of coats on to my satisfaction. I'm not in a hurry to finish a rod.
Also remember with high build, it can be thinned down. Allpersonal preference. Either build, I like Threadmaster.