View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 07:02 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future
Default Re: High Build vs Lite Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by oarfish View Post
In my HOP I use lite for my fly rods, for my salt boat rods where I use a base wrap and then a wrap for the guide feet I'll use a high build for extra shock and strength, but that said I'll use the same formula for steelhead rods that I use to target fresh water from salt targets, hot fish.

Rick
Rick, you say you use high build for salt water rods for extra shock and strength. I was under the impression that the thread coating was just to keep the thread protected from the elements and to keep it from unravelling. Does the extra buildup (epoxy) on your saltwater really help? I've never flyfished salt or built a sw rod before.