View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 09:03 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Casting Into Thin Air

Good post. Your observations make for a good read. I have not been lucky enough to have a fish take a fly in mid air. I have had occasions where I've dropped a fly delicately down to the water and had an immediate strike. It's always good to have a technique that you have confidence in. By all means if you find something that's effective, stick with it.

On the few occasions I've fished a furled leader, my impressions were that they REALLY excel for dry fly fishing due to the delicate landing. I think I don't fish them as much because I am usually nymphing until the fish start looking up. Maybe I need to rethink this.