View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 08:14 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Casting Into Thin Air

Terrific post Allan. So true for trout during a hatch presentation can mean the difference between success and failure. I believe in the same philosophy I used in teaching my son and daughters to shoot 3 pointers in basketball. Pushed them not to aim for the hoop or the backboard. Instead to aim for the air above the hoop. Found that in casting for me it works the same way not aim at the rise but instead the air above the rise . When I do this the fly seems to land softly and where I want it. Sounds funny but when you start to see "the air" and can hit it presentation is so improved!
The announcers in college used to call her 3s rainbow shots. Just what we called the rising trout casts!U
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser