View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 10:19 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Want to tie czech/caddies nymphs

The possibilities are endless, but I will say that I am quickly becoming a huge fan of all things UV. Even just a little bit of it seems to have made a difference when I've added a material with UV properties to my flies.

I was messing with a pattern a few weeks back and found pretty good success. I'll try and get a photo posted sometime tomorrow. Here's the down and dirty pattern.

Tungsten Bead or regular bead with no lead wire if you prefer
Partridge Czech Nymph Hook, size 16
Rainbow Scud dubbing
pink UV dubbing for hotspot
Black UV dubbing for the collar
Scud shellback, clear 1/8th size
XSmall black wire wrapped around the shellback

I picked up materials from various sources. JSflyfishing.com, performanceflies.com and a local shop. You should also take a look at Feather-Craft, they have a great selection of materials. All websites mentioned are highly recommended.

One thing to add, there is a book that I highly recommend for nymphing techniques as well as some great fly patterns. George Daniel's Dynamic Nymphing. It's a must have book IMHO if you are into nymphing. It's available on Amazon in both hardcover and Kindle edition.

Hope this helps.