View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 10:23 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Want to tie czech/caddies nymphs

Hopefully an expert will chime in but until then here is my two cents.

I use lead tape for weight. It is nice to shape a thin and heavy body to dub over.
I use some mono and flash to create segmentation.
I use thinskin for the back. I segment the dubbing with something thin and flashy, pull the thinskin over the back of the fly, then go over the segments with the mono which you can pull tighter than the flash for more pronounced segments

For dubbing I just do the abdomen in something dull, a section of something lighter above the abdomen and then something darker for the rest of the thorax. Pick out the dubbing on the bottom to make a buggy looking fly. Be sure to tie in the thinskin well at both ends andnleave room to tie off at the head.