View Single Post
Old 01-20-2005, 08:50 PM

DAVY WOTTON will become famous soon enoughDAVY WOTTON will become famous soon enough
Default FLY LINES.

GORDON,
IF YOUR LINE EXIBITS CRACKS AND SERIOUS WEAR, THAT IS SOMETHING YOU CAN DO LITTLE ABOUT. BUY A NEW LINE. THE MAIN REASON WHY LINES BECOME DAMAGED IS STANDING ON THEM, PARTICULARLY WHEN BOAT FISHING. EVER NOTICE IF YOU BOAT FISH HOW OFTEN THE LINE IS UNDER YOUR FEET WHEN YOU GO TO RE-CAST. I WATCH SOME OF MY CLIENTS, LIKE BALLET DANCERS SOME OF THEM.

I USE A REGULAR DETERGENT AND DO IT TILL THERE IS NO SIGN OF ANY MORE GRIME COMING OFF THE LINE. MAKE SURE IT IS DRY BEFORE YOU ADD ANY FURTHER TREATMENT.

MY CHOICE IS TO USE ONE OF THE PRODUCTS THAT THE LINE MANUFACTURER PROVIDES OR ONE THAT IS DESIGNED FOR THE PURPOSE OF LINE TREATMENT. THERE ARE SOME OTHER'S OUT THERE. LOON PRODUCTS HAS SOME AND THERE ARE ALSO SOME OTHER SOURCES. I WOULD NOT CHOOSE TO USE OTHER PRODUCTS MY SELF.
THERE ARE VERY MANY VARIABLES IN THE CHEMICAL MAKE UP OF FLY LINE COATINGS AND YOU MY WELL DAMAGE THE LINE IF THEY ARE NOT COMPATABLE. FURTHER TO THAT SOME OF THESE PRODUCTS MAY ENHANCE PARTICLES TO STICK TO THE FLY LINE, SOME WILL CHANGE MOLECULAR STRUCTURE UNDER DIFFERENT TEMPERATURE.

ONE GOOD TIP I WILL GIVE YOU GUYS IS AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE GETTING SUN BLOCK PRODUCTS ON A FLY LINE. THERE ARE ONE OR TWO THAT ARE USER FRIENDLY, FORGOT THE NAMES, I NEVER USE THE STUFF

I AM GOING TO POST A FURTHER ASPECT OF DEALING WITH FLOATING LINES IN THE NEAR FUTURE OK.

AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS OF FLY FISHING

WHITE RIVER FLY FISHISHING GUIDE SERVICE

EDITORIAL AND CONSULTANCY FOR FLY FISHING PRODUCTS-PUBLICATIONS