View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 03:03 PM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: CutThroat Hand Woven Furled Leaders, Review

I was just reading through some old post’s and realized I never answered some of the questions about the rings / shorb loops.

We sell approx 75% of leaders with the tippet ring.
I myself use both, but prefer the loop. Although we have many amazing fisherman, guides, and fly fishers in the fishing industry that opt for the ring. Like with so much in fly fishing, personal preference rules.

Reason I choose the loop is strength. As an example, the 5 wt leader with a ring breaks at about 8 lbs. If you get the same leader with a shorb loop end, you get approx. 1 .lb of additional breaking strength. But then again, the ring does make tying on tippet extremely easy.

Since the initial review was done, we have increased the types of leaders we offer.
1). Dry Fly Leaders
1a). Dry Fly leader with built in strike indicator for throwing very small flies that are difficult to see.
1b) Stillwater Lake Leaders. 90” long. These leaders have performed flawlessly in our testing.

2). Nymphing leaders
2a). We offer Hi-Vis Nymphing Leaders (strike indicator)
2b). We now offer Hybrid Nymphing leaders. These transition to a spectra braid. Extremely strong.

3). Monofilament furled leaders. (Typically for heavier bass flies, etc.)

4). Fluorocarbon Furled Leaders

5).Spey & Switch Rod Leaders. Standard and reinforced with braid.

6). Tenkara Leaders

As always, I am only an email away. If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Thank you,

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com