View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 07:02 PM

bucktail will become famous soon enoughbucktail will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Grass carp (pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookfieldangler View Post
Very nice. Was the fight comparable to commons or was it more like a wet noodle?

It was a pretty decent fight but of course I dont see any comparison to a small to medium size carp. Still a good fight though.

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
Contrarry to what most think, those grass carp when feeding will eat just about damn near anything. I have had some MONSTERS suck up flies I have presented to them, just had poor hook sets.

When I went fishing with Chris ( missourflies.com owner ) we were talking about that and he said as long as you damn near smack them in the face with the fly or it makes some noise on the water, they will eat it. This proved to be very true, Im going to try and get after some monsters this weekend, some i saw last time were probably in the 40" range

I am very familiar with missouri fles that guy is a fly fishing guru and yes I have seen the monster grass carp he has caught on a full range of flies! I am proud to say I own a few of his ties and they have produced well for me this year tell him bucktail says thanks!

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Congrats, very nice indeed!
The pond that I take my grandson fishing for smallmouth bass has about 20 grass carp but the people that own the pond don't want people fishing for them so we respect their wishes.
Yea thats usually the case but no one seemed to mind and it was more a small lake than a pond so I called it fair game