View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 06:42 AM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Casting mechanics standing vs. seated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrp1 View Post
When I teach casting classes here are a couple things I tell folks. When you deliver the line don't accelerate any differently than you do on a false cast. Its all the same--a nice smooth motion.
I'll have to show this to my wife. I've told her this a zillion times, but she'll false cast perfectly, and end with a punch on the forward cast. The line either crashes short onto the water, or ends up way off target. It's wierd and I don't know what she expects to achieve with the misused power on the foward cast. When the punching gets out of control, I stand next to her and talk her through the process. She still gets surprised when the line gets torn out of her hand on a proper cast.