View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 11:07 AM

bigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Do we really need so many?

I'm with Ard on this! If I just wanted it simple, a cane pole, line, a float, hook & earthworms would be sufficient. I enjoy tying almost as much as fishing. I carry way more stuff than I need when I'm out fishing, but so what. My fly boxes are already over flowing, but I keep tying a few here & there anyway.

Going minimal is fine if it's a necessity, but too me it's not gotten to that point.

I own a tackle shop's worth of tackle, and I don't just fly fish. I make many of my own lures too.

I just went back to work last week. I spent 3 months home dealing with some health issues. The doctors at first thought I had a problem with my heart, then they thought I might have a muscle disease. I saw 7 different doctors while I was out. Turned out to be neither, I'm just getting older & have some arthritis issues in most of my joints. My job is beating me up, but I'm not in a position to give it up just yet. Life sucks like that sometimes!

My point here is to enjoy what you can while you can, because you never know what life might throw at you! I feel fortunate right now that I'm in reasonably good health. There are folks who are worse off. I'll keep tying flies & making lures too as long as I'm able, and carry more than I'll ever need. To me it's all part of the fun & enjoyment of the sport.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!