View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 05:48 PM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Broken Rod Poll; Edited, New Catagory added.

1. I was fishing under a tree & had just rigged up another fly & let it drop into the water. It drifted about 3 ft. & a fairly large trout took it. I wasn't quite ready as I still had my flybox out & was putting it away. Needless to say I jerked the fly right out of the fishes mouth & up into the tree it went. Being stubborn I reeled in & tried to dislodge the fly with my rod tip. As I turned around to get a better angle I lost my footing & came down flailing . You guessed it, on the rod. It broke about a foot up from the cork. My buddy on the other side of the river gave my pirouette & fall a 6, for good form above the water but bad entry into the water with too large of a splash.
  2. Hit the tip on the ground.
  3. Tried lifting a salmon over a snag & broke the tip.
  4. I don't know what happened, Left it leaning on the cabin in Maine overnight & the next morning something, bear, moose large dog, my son ,who denies it. it was on the ground in 2 extra pieces.