View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 10:11 AM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default Re: What do you consider a "caught" fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcw355 View Post
If it is on the hook it is caught. Brought to hand or netted are the only fish I count.

---------- Post added at 04:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 AM ----------

" LDR", Thats a guy I fish with. So at the end of the day if he says I got 30, I say you mean you actually got 10, he gets mad but I don't care.

Now you make me laugh, I a fall in to the LDR (long distance = 5 to 10' meaning I actually fought the fish and brought him in somewhat). When comapring to guys I fish with the LDR's dont count.

In a former life I used to teach golf and coud play really well. I hated when I would go out and play by the letter of the law and shoot 76 while my buddy is taking mulligans, taking gimme's , not playing by the important stroke impacting rules at all. When we were done they would say hey I shot 80 and you shot 76 I am getting closer. I would always politely say you can say whatever you want to say you shot to whoever, I dont care. However if you are in any way comaring your score to mine for money or for bragging rights we will play by the same rules.

I was never rude about it, but yes if you are comparing your results to mine for any sort of competition standpoint....play it right.

So yes fish caught by letter of the law is in hand or in the net. For fun and a enjoying the afternoon..I am just happy to be out there