View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 01:30 PM

HookEmHorns will become famous soon enough
Default Lightning bug pattern?

Hey y'all,
I don't have anything to tie flies with, nor do I have any knowledge about the things needed to tie flies... But I do have a question/idea.
I don't know about where all of you live, but here in Missouri in the summertime, usually at dusk, there are tons and tons of lightning bugs or fireflies or whatever you want to call them. I'm sure you all know what they are, glowing butts and whatnot. I was wondering if anyone knew a pattern or knew where to buy some flies like this? I was also wondering if anyone had attempted to put some fluorescent material that would glow in the dark on the rear of a fly to imitate the lightning bug's glowing butt. lol I though it would be a pretty cool fly, whether it caught fish or not! haha. I would think that they would work pretty good here in the summer at the end of a long hot day. And the glow on the back would probably help out with catching some attention from a nearby fish...
If you have some ideas on what kind of materials to get or have a pattern or know where to get some of these babies, it would be awesome to know where to get them.
Thanks,
HookEmHorns