Thread: New Guy
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 10:19 AM

freebird630 will become famous soon enough
Talking New Guy

I just joined the forum and I lived in Colorado where I did a lot of fly fishing wading streams and on lakes in a belly boat in the 21 years I lived there. I retired and moved to Arkansas in 2002 and I fish here off of my bass boat a lot.
I haven't fly fished yet in Arkansas but that's about to change as I'm planning a trip to the White river in the next couple of weeks with a neighbor who was a fly fisherman in PA before he retired. We have fished here off of my boat and he is a good guy so maybe we can start fly fishing together often.
I'm also thinking of getting back into Belly boating as there are a couple of good watershed lakes near me that have good populations of bass and Crappie.
I had sold all my fly rods and reels when I left Colorado so during the past couple of months I have been gearing up as you would say buying some new rods and reels.

Anyway, this looks like a great site and I hopefully will gain enough warm water fly fishing to be able to pass on some information after I get out there a do it for awhile.

Art