Thread: oakley glasses
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 02:07 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: oakley glasses

Oakley polarization is pretty awesome, though they do have angling specific lenses as well. First and foremost, pick the style that fits your face best. If the frame doesn't fit your face, extra light/glare is going to get in and you're going to find yourself cupping your hands around the glasses more often than you want which is no bueno. Also, you may have to deal with poor airflow when wearing a buff if you don't get a pair that fits right, so you have to find a good balance of airflow and glare-cutting. Assuming that most your fishing is going to be in Florida and sight-fishing, you are likely going to want a mirrored lens to cut out the extra sunlight. Some of the polarized iridium style lenses are likely going to be your best bet. Copper and amber are both great all-around lenses but might not cut out enough of the light, since the levels you'll be dealing with on the flats are going to be on the higher end. I can't remember the specific lens models but the polarized mirrored/iridium types are probably going to be most beneficial for where you are fishing.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...