View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 05:29 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Lightning bug pattern?

Hookem,

Never saw a trout eat one. That does not mean that they don't just that I haven't witnessed it.

I have traveled through Missouri many times on motorcycles and if memory serves me you folks also have some prolific may fly hatches that leave an inch or two of depth (in deceased flies) around the gas pumps. The flies are no doubt attracted to the lights at the gas stations and expire there before being able to return to the lakes and rivers from which they come. If you ask around you may find that these may flies will offer much better sport when used as a dry fly pattern than the firefly.

Regards,

Ard