View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 03:57 PM

Noiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really nice
Default Re: Patagonia Rock Grip Wading Boot-Aluminum Bar

Threadjack approved.

I am thinking about a pair of Simms anyway - the Freestones come in my size, but I need to try on a pair. I have also been looking at grip studs, Simms cleats and searching threads and sites on DIY cleats with machine screws. I'd love to see a link for the "Grip Studs" (and perhaps a link to your review Ard.) If you are going to hijack do it right. Do it with style. Ask yourself,"What would D.B. Cooper do?"

It actually took me a moment to find this on Google: Grip Studs Home Page

This was easier: Ard's Gripstuds/Hard Bite Star Cleat shootout - I look forward to reading it in its entirety.

Any and all info is welcome on this topic - cleats, studded boots, and DIY. I'll whine again, nobody makes my size - so any help on making my own or finding my size would be great.

Click the image to open in full size.
"By the time I was a teenager I fit the standard profile of a lifelong angler. I was lazy, shiftless, unambitious and willing to work hard only at things that were widely considered useless." ~John Gierach