View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 04:19 PM

bucktail will become famous soon enoughbucktail will become famous soon enough
Default Largemouth (pics)

Well the carp were not biting today so I thought about it......aaand rememberd there are other types of fish in fresh water so I got out my 5 weight and headed to the local pond. The water was dead calm and I could see tons of little bluegill stacked up so I began hauling them out with an ant fly. I got tired of all the little guys (all were around 5 inches) so I ran across the road to get to the sister pond to the one I was fishing. I was scanning the water directly in front of me when I saw the head of what I thought was a GIANT panfish (murky water) but it did not take my ant and backed off. I got back high on the bank and re tied an orange san juan worm and dropped it in again. I saw his head by it but dissapeared so I began to lift my fly to re adjust when my line took off and I slammed the hook in. She took off and after some fancy drag work I had her ashore. The biuggest largemouth I ever caught on the fly (mid day with soupy water too lol). I took a few pics and then as I always do when I catch a trophy I left cause thats all the damage I needed to do for today.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.