View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 05:22 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Patagonia Rock Grip Wading Boot-Aluminum Bar

Siiiigggghhhhhhh soo000 simples.

I'm going to assume these are felt bottom boots ....

Go to a 'big box store' and get yourself a box of #8 x 1/2 Allie sheet metal headed screws. As long as you've got a 1/2" of boot bottom these will never penetrate into the inside of the boot. Never as in NEVER.

Verible speed hand drill and boots done in 5 - 8 minutes ... even if you're fumbling a bit. Which you may well do the first time you do this 'retro-fit.'

Where do they go? 2" apart along the OUT SIDE EDGES of the felt has been by experience over the last 20 some'ish years. I don't put/sprinkle any down the middle."Your mileage may vary," but this way I get the bennies of both felt and studs.

Why? For me anyway, it's the rocks on the out side of where your standing that cause most of the 'problems;' assuming your wading 'safe.' (That boys and girls is why every one should be using a solid, NOT A FOLD UP, wading staff. Advertising, Ya-Hoossss,
of these things can kill you. Moving water (hydraulics) don't read the press releases; it just does what it does.

And you're TOAST.