View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 04:40 AM

steely34 is on a distinguished road
C. Farlow Fly Reel - Need some help.

First off I guess I should introduce myself as a new member to the forum. Just joined today and being a flyfisher for some 35 years now and being as I actively search the 'net for new ideas and such, I can't believe I never came across this site. Looks like a good one and a place I'll be referring to quite often.
Anyway - I was wondering if anyone can help me identify a fly reel I pruchased yesterday at a public sale. I paid $12 for it and it was part of a box lot that came with some old bait boxes and such. When I saw the reel I knew it was a old one. I had never heard of C. Farlow reels and when I came home and began my search on the internet, I saw pictures of a few Farlow's but none like the one I have. I understand that Farlow was a competitor to Hardy in the early 1900's. There is no box with it and the line on the reel - well I took it off since it was a Scientific Anglers line and did not look good on it. Here are some pictures of it and if anyone has any info on Farlow reels please let me know. Better yet - if you have any resources (web sites) that you know of that I can find out more info on Farlow's let me know. I'd really appreciate your time. Thanks so much!

Attachment 1731

Attachment 1732

Attachment 1733

Attachment 1734

Attachment 1735
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CF1 resized.jpg (25.4 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg CF4 resized.jpg (36.2 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg cf3 resized.jpg (39.4 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg cf7.jpg (100.3 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg cf8.jpg (100.5 KB, 50 views)