View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: The Shout Out Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
We are getting pounded right now, so it might be awhile before we hear from fyshstykr. He is going to be sore and tired after this one!
Yea that was a good storm, but I think you guys in the SLC area may have gotten a little more than us further North. Sounds like a real juicy one coming Monday night and into Tuesday. $$$$$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
BUMMER! I looked at my booking calendar and I am booked April 3rd and 4th. No calling in sick in the entertainment game for me!
I am talking the Green thing!
The 'Green thing'? is that a fly? lol
That sucks Joni. Could we as a group call in sick for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTskibum View Post
I am now officially a spin fisherman for the next 1-2 months.

I broke my 4 wt around september, and was too lazy to mail it in. Then thursday i went out to fish, and had my 8 wt in hand and slammed the car door on all 4 of the ferrules. I thought i escaped unscathed, however when i was inspecting them the largest male ferrule broke in my hand.

I just bought new flyline for my 8wt less than a week and a half ago. I got Jim Teeny's "chuck and duck" line, which is a pretty sweet line for the flycaster who likes wide loops. But it is still a 55 dollar investment that i have only used twice, and i am a poor college kid.

So that makes both my fly rods. Both are TFO's, and i forgot to mail in the warrantry card on both of them. However i still have one of the warrrantry cards. If i am lucky i will be able to convince my dad to mail up an extra flyrod to me, and i will be back to flyfishing in no time.

I already went out spinfishing once, since i broke my 8 wt. I was fishing on the lower gallatin, and when i was changing spinners i didnt even think of it, but i set my reel down in sand. So now my reel makes a grinding noise when i reel it in. It is a 50 dollar shimano 5000 series reel that I managed to ruin.

The worst part of the week, was the girl i asked out for valentines, turned me down. All in all, i have had much better weeks.

Just be glad it's not mid-Summer and your without your fly rods, better get em fixed soon as warmer weather will be here soon enough.

As far as the girl goes.........there are plenty of them out there and your still just a young buck, keep looking.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*