Thread: Im back...
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 04:31 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Im back...

Hi,

I sent you a 'Proof of Life' message at least a year ago to see if you were OK.

While guiding will sound much more important and exciting than continuing education it may not be the best long term plan. Having attended collage myself I can say with certainty that education at the university level is a plus regardless of the field you find yourself working in.

My education opened more doors for me than I could ever recall on short notice and the same is perhaps true of many of our members who chose to further their education. Remember this; while some clients may be blue collar type guys, many folks who can afford a guide are well educated professionals. Speaking from personal experience it is quite a good feeling when you find yourself in the company of an orthopedic surgeon and a dentist if you don't end up feeling as a fish out of water. I also believe that clients are more at ease when they find that their guide is in fact smarter than the average bear, ala Yogi.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;