View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 04:05 PM

popperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to popperfly
Default Re: Mayfly Drake Fly Swap

What is holding up the swaps these days? The “Mayfly Drake” swap due date was June 1, 2012 and still nothing. I have invested time and money to make sure my flies are done on time and sent to the SM by the due date along with others that have their flies sent into the SM. Come on guys It's pretty simple and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand this.....If you don't have time to fulfill your commitment to get the flies to the SM on time then DONT join the swaps! And furthermore the due date is the date that the flies have to be in the SM's hands...NOT the date that the flies need to be in the mail. So if it takes 2 weeks transit for your flies to arrive then make sure you mail them at least 2 weeks before the deadline.
Another problem is there are guys that spend extra money to next day air their flies so they arrive by the due date and then the swap ends up being extended by weeks and months because of a number of swappers that still don't have their flies to the SM on time, so that guy that spent the extra $5/10 to get his flies to the SM on time is just screwed because of the other late swappers. I guess if this continues to be the norm for all swaps, I just won’t join in because this is getting to be ridiculous. I am mainly doing this for the fun and fellowship with guys/gals on FFFNA, nothing more.

Born to Fish...Forced to Work !

Last edited by popperfly; 06-18-2012 at 07:00 PM.