View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 01:43 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Broken Rod Poll; Edited, New Catagory added.

Well I finally did it. I broke a rod. In all the time I have fly fished, this is the first time I have done it. Of course, it's one of my favorite rods. My 9' 4 pc. 10 wt. R. L. Winston. I was trying to do a fly by a spot and get a few quick casts in for Walleye. I had my 15' Meiser and the Winston. I had a Clouser on the Meiser and a leech on the Winston. I should not have even had the Winston there. I started spey casting just because of hard places to cast JUST LIKE THIS SPOT! Anyway I was trying to throw a high back cast up between a tree and a giant rock hill. Actually the tree is also on it. A weird little cedar tree. My Canadian friend chopped a bunch of the dead branches off it a few years back in order to make it a little easier on the back cast. I was tryin to hit a far spot and the wind was blowing right at me so I was really putting the juice to it. I had a gust blow my back cast into the dang cedar tree and snapped about 18" off the tip section of the rod. Winston can make a new tip fo it. So the rod is not a loss, but dang, I was bummed. I hate to say it but this is how my whole Summer has been going. I half expect it to start raining frogs.