View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 12:07 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Show us Your Photography

We have been fishing the same area for a few days now and yesterday were gifted with some fantastic weather conditions ranging from warm sun to a rather furious storm. I managed to travel ahead of the storms save for a tremendous blow on the big river. When facing sustained and gusting a head wind that whipped the river into 1.5 - 2 foot chop I was able to run back branches with plenty of trees lining the banks and so able to dodge most of the bad stuff.

While fishing here's a look river up;

Click the image to open in full size.

This was the river down view;

The fish were showing all around us and I tried to get a picture of one cartwheeling through the air but timing was a problem. This shot shows one just re-entering the water after a leap.

We caught some salmon but nothing huge and the fish were released. On the way home I stopped on an island to make coffee because it's a long drive on the river and we also had some dinner ala Mountain House beef Stroganoff As we finished the meal it became obvious that we better take the coffee to go........... I was sitting on the sand leaning against a huge cottonwood tree that had been left there by flooding and couldn't help but to think that this was a rather nice view.

After dodging the brunt of the wind we caught a calm on the way up the Su but the sky ahead warned that we had better hurry.

Here's a fish being turned back, there are big ones and I had one come loose on Saturday after a long running battle when he was just a few feet from shore. That was a heart breaker because we had him figured at maybe 30 and could see it was a male

Tomorrow's another day and I'll keep looking for the big guys. I figured all the fish Monday at around 8 - 9.5 pounds. These are not Jack fish but although mature they are a small strain of king not the kind you want to take. You are allowed only 5 fish per year and if you use up your card on these little fellas you won't have much meat to show for the work.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;