Thread: Cortland BOSS
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 07:41 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Cortland BOSS

Thanks for this thread...I looked the Trout Boss up on the net and like what I saw. This is the presentation oriented type of taper I like, as is the SS Trout, Textured Trout Stalker, RIO Gold and Expert Distance Taper...they even call it an "extended head" rather tahn a long belly! They also say it is "AFFTMA compient" which I presume means true to weight designation. Nice color too. Does anyone know what type of core this line is built on?

Will this line save a poorly run and marketed company that over the last 2 decades has lost key employees one after another to other fly fishing companies? Perhaps it will help induce someone who appreciates the historic significance of Cortland Line to buy and refurbish this venerable but all but irrelevent now brand.