View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 11:17 PM

fishingfly will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Best starter rod outfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohnan View Post
Thanks for all the info I found a nice deal on a Cabelas 8wt, since I will mostly be targeting LM Bass,pike,and hopefully muskie. I picked up the RLS outfit for $149.99, considering suggested retail for the RLS reel alone is about $130 when you add backing,wf 8wt line, tippet, leader, rod and a nice case it just seemed like a great value. Hopefully I didn't make a terrible decision here.... Thanks for all the input I have learned alot and hopefully a few other new policy to fly fishing will benefit as well from this poll. Btw casting is way harder. Than it looks this is definitely. Going to take time before I put a hook on my line,I would have hooked my neck, back of head, arm pole, hat, just about everything on me yesterday....... Kind of scary!
You are not alone. Casting is definetely harder than it looks, but once you got it it becomes habit. And I've heard good things about the cabela outfits, especially for a starter rod. Once you get your cast down you will start realizing what you need to make it better for your conditions.

Make sure to like our facebook page for a chance to win free flies!