View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 04:08 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: is there a problem??

Hi,

In all likelihood the problem is more technique oriented than being a lack of slippery line coating. I have lines that have never seen any 'line butter' in their whole life and they shoot fine. There is no way for me to troubleshoot a casting problem via posts but I can offer this. Find a range that you can cast and achieve a good result as far as the cast unfurling and perhaps some line shooting through the guides. Once you find that range / distance, keep working within that comfort zone until every cast is a good cast. By extending your range little by little you may be able to get good results at longer distances. If you begin to have trouble again that is your call to shorten up and regain control.

I don't know if you have done any reading about the physics & mechanics of the cast, if you have not this could be very helpful.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;