View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 04:44 PM

pete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Fly Fishing in Galveston, TX

Cliff;

Got other spots but don't post all on the internet. Just an easy spot for a first timer to find and fish. Bet a buck he does fine.

Crowds exist in your beloved Mid coast region for sure. Port A. ought to be a blast on the 4th. Been around Light House Lakes area when I though I was back on Southwest Frwy. Lots of shallow running boats burning the flats mid and south coast right now.

Seems theres even a fly/kayak/pole (Pole Paddle Wade) group trying to segregate some very large part of the bay system of the coast because of this issue. This is a very hotly contentious issue on the Mid/lower coast right now. Kinda like Este Flats. Nothing like getting buzzed at 40mph by a shallow runner while wading. Not what I would call secluded.

I thought all the fly guru's prayed at the POC alter anyway, not you? We mostly fish between Pt Lavaca & Freeport. Far less internet coverage but lots of fish.

As far as sting rays and jellyfish are concerned while attending A&I in 80's had a naval aviator (at NAS Kingsville) friend get popped by a stingray along Pt A. causeway wade fishing. I've been stung (before my long pants only decision) by those swimming jellyfish near Pass Cavallo; felt like a backberry bush whacking my leg. No more shorts for me while wade fishing on the coast anywhere!

Hazards exist regardless of where on the coast.

Cheers,

Pete A.

PS.: this the minimum attire I allow my sons to wear in Texas salt water anywhere (not a fly pic) IMHO the only respondsible way to dress:
Click the image to open in full size.