View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 06:51 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: is there a problem??

Speaking generally it takes a fairly long period of time and casting experience to become really smooth and consistent with casting. Once you have reached this point casting in all sort of conditions you will not see days when you just simply crash with your casting. There will always be isolated incidences where you for some reason have some difficulty but you'll be able to sort things out. Where I live winter is long and hard and I only began Spey casting a few years back. Every spring I have to reacquaint myself and the casting because I have only been doing it a few years. Using my single hand rods is like swimming, riding a bicycle or breathing to me because I've been at that type casting for over 45 years. When I say it'll take time to get really consistent I base what I tell you on my own experience.

By the way on the first reply here I ask if you had done any reading / studying about the physics & mechanics of casting......... This would be a big help to pin point problems, it worked for me.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;