View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Fly Fishing in Galveston, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete a View Post
I'd like to see 5 trout limits instead of exclusions areas. Whose tax dollars will pay for the extra wardens needed to enforce exclusion areas for an elite few? Most of these areas you can't reach from the bank anyway so it is of no benifit to non-boaters. It ain't about conservation but about exclusion!
Oy, sounds like you've bought into the idea that guys in $900 kayaks are elite while those in $20K powerboats aren't. I find that baffling.

WPP's primary motivation is preventing fish herding and protecting seagrass which is vital fish habitat.

In the end, I trust TPWD to do what they see is best for the resource, given what funding they have to work with. I'd bet the status quo stays in place because they won't be able to afford the costs of enforcing NMZs.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.