Thread: Foam ideas?
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 10:20 PM

mrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to behold
Default Foam ideas?

I am very new to tying. I started maybe 2 months agp. I haven't branched out much from foam, except for cranking out some clousers. I have tied stealth bombers, hoppers, and one bugs. I have so much foam that I am trying to come up with some way to utilize it without tying the same few patterns over and over. I realize I could "google it," and I have, but thought you guys might know some.

Here is what I have been tying:
Sam's One Bug (invented by a friend's dad) - great for bass and panfish
Click the image to open in full size.

Redeye bass like it...

Shellcracker like it...

I have hooked some 4lb smallmouth on this pattern, but never had the pleasure of bringing them to hand.

Now I have started tying hoppers....

Haven't fished them yet.

On the docket is: neversink caddis, damselflies, todd's wiggle minnow, gurglers and beetles

Have I overlooked anything, or anything you guys can recommend? I mainly fish for trout and smallmouth bass.

"Chance favors the well prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur