Thread: Hen or Rooster?
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 09:52 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Hen or Rooster?

Hey Bill,

I have a bunch of Indian Gamecock capes that have been making wings for years. The feathers that make up the bottoms of them are perfect and they come in every conceivable color from Golden Edged Badger = Light Spruce etc. to Furnace for the Dark Spruce. You just select a pair from the right side and a pair from the left and you get well matched wings. I don't believe I've ever used hen necks for streamers. For colors like blue dunn you have to use the big feathers from the bottoms of your regular dry fly capes because I never saw an Indian cape in blue dunn. They may occur but someone scoops them up long before I ever got to them. In a pinch just get strung hackle in white for blue dunn and dye some to lt. gray.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;