View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 11:51 AM

pa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the rough
Default Wonder Rod information

Can anyone direct me to information on the rod I picked at an auction today. It's nothing special, but it's in really good shape other than a dirty grip. It is a Shakespeare Wonder Rod, Kwik Taper, No.A-818. I'm pretty sure it is an 8wt. It was manufactured in Sept of '63 according to the three letter code on the rod. All the wraps are good, the reel seat is anodized aluminum, copper colored and down locking with a few scratches. It's in the original cardboard rod tube with the model designation stamped on the cap. I paid $20 for it.

I also picked up a gold colored Perrine #101 metal fly box that has metal clips on one side and a magnetic sheet on the other, plus the original "Knots all fly fishermen use" sticker on outside. Again, it looks like it was made yesterday. It has about 25 flies in it. I paid $15 for that.

Did I do okay? I can't wait to get out and cast it, but it's stinkin' hot out there.