View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 07:43 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wonder Rod information

One of my more recent acquisitions is an early LLBean branded glass rod that i got off Craig's list
Due to the description, I was excited to believe that I was getting an unused Phillipson made rod, but it instead turned out to be a rebuilt Wright & McGill. I was disappointed to say the least, but I bought it anyway as part of a package.
Anyway..
I never put a line on it, tried it out, or even looked at it until the other day when I happened to have it in the truck and had an hour to kill. I had assumed that the rod was a 7wt but as I didn't have a 7wt line on a reel, I tried an 8.
Casting in a close riffle at about 25-30' all I could think was "what a dog this rod is". As I worked my way down to below the island where I was, the river opened up and I was able to lengthen my casts and had a change of heart.
I had no problem casting the 8wt line 85 - 90 ft.
Needless to say, I now have a better opinion of the rod and the next time out I'm trying a 9wt line to see how it does with that.