View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 12:36 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not to nit-pick....

I don't consider this nit picking by any means. This is courtesy and goes against the intention of a fly swap. I applaud you for bringing up the issue and for not pointing fingers publicly.

I participated in a swap on another forum and one of the flies I received had a rusted hook and looked to have seen some action. Ok, maybe LOTS of action. It was bad form to send it in to the swap host. When I mentioned this to the swap host and shot him a photo, he apologized as he'd somehow missed it. The host had respectable credibility, I'm surprised he missed it but stuff happens I suppose. I get it that people have different skill levels, may not use the same quality materials I personally use and that's totally fine. This is all part of a swap. I guess if that's the worst thing that happens to me in a swap, I can live with it. I saw one guy host a swap, get sent the flies and then disappear with flies from 16 guys plus bonus flies for moderators and host. Brutal.