View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 04:26 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What tools do I really need to start tying flies?

I have this vise. Not the greatest but has worked just fine for me. I also bought the base for it so I didn't have to hook it onto the edge of a table. Looking to upgrade to a good rotary vise but not ready to spend the money yet, perhaps for Christmas. What kind of budget are you looking at for your vise? That will help folks with recommendations.

Buy good scissors. I have Dr. Slick and like them. I have a fine point pair, a general purpose, and then one for cutting hair. Don't need all three, but I've found it helpful. A ceramic bobbin is good too, very annoying to have thread cut by the bobbin tube.