View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 09:02 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A couple of bugs

These are both likely from the Ohio River. I'm absolutely certain the second bug is a Hex, they were hatching at the time the photo and even made the local news. I've seen these plenty of times and are becoming more common on the Ohio.

The first one throws me. I was thinking Cahill, but the ones I've seen have been more creamy yellow in color in thorax and abdomen.

One commonality is that I found them both roughly around the same time of day (7:00-7:30pm), though weeks apart in appearance and nearly the same location.

My first stop is usually troutnut.com but the site seems to be down. Hopefully this is only temporary, that's an incredible reference to have access to.