Thread: Z Axis 6110
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 03:48 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Z Axis 6110

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoscaPescador View Post
I sold mine. I used my six weight Gary Anderson Spey rod more.

I fished it with a 325 Skagit short head. I fished it with eight to ten foot lengths of T8. It will cast heavier flies with a 375 grain head.

Torque 8 is a fine fit.

Ditto. Got a chance to really cast the Sage and I did like it as did the fellow who purchased same. Then I pulled my ACR off the rod rack on the Jeep and handed that to him. Honestly don't recall (and I'm not getting my butt off the chair to check the reel, but it's a custom cut SGS line) and said 'give this a try.'

Three or four casts later he was consistently laying out over 40 more feet of line.

For who aren't part of the '2-hander' community (SpeyPages) SGS is the log in name for Steve Gotshall who makes custom cut lines. If you buy an Anderson or a Meiser you'll probably get on (or can order same up).

But if you order up one of Steve's lines 'it' is cut specifically for that rod, your fishing conditions, size of flies you'll be using, etc., and etc., and etc.

Same rod, you vs. me. Mine might be 28' 3 inches at 'xyz' grains. Yours may be 33' 2 inches. The lines are specific to the rod/caster/fishing conditions where you'll use same.

Two last thoughts: 'They' won't cost you a penny more than something off the shelf (no disrespect intended), but dead on for you and 'the Stick.'