View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 08:06 PM

Renato Guedes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hello to all and Peacock Bass Poppers.

Thanks again everybody.
Quote:
I'm sure you could sell those and offset some of your materials expense. If you're interested, let me know - I would love to have one or two!
Sry John, but I can't sell some right now. All those posted are gone - some lost to fish and some I gave to a friend to try on really big amazon peacocks - I couldn't afford going there right now and I wanted to know if the poppers would last long. Unfortunately too much raining and high water level made him quit his trip too. But If I make some more I promise I let u know.

Quote:
I imagine you have access to some special feathers and fur from Brazil.
Frank, almost everything we have to buy from USA. Including those feathers, krystal flash, etc. That makes flyfishing here too expensive, cause we pay almost 100% tax in everytinhg.

Quote:
If you are casting a 10wt fly rod you must be doing all right with your fishing.
Not really. I only have a 6wt not very good rod. I made smaller poppers tyied on 1/0 fishinghooks for me and cause a friend of mine got really amazed, made those for him. I tryed casting with his 10 wt rod, but thats not something I'm proud to talk about
Btw, I posted those cause the first ones I made (on 1/0 fishinghook) didnt look so great (not that bad also) - I had to start with my right leg.

Quote:
I hope you keep posting your flies and how about some photos of the fish you catch in Brazil. I think we all would like to hear about fishing in your country.
My wife is about to give birth to our first son. So I'm not having that much time free. But I promise "I'll make a virtual fishing tour" in Brazil later. So you will get to know more 'bout fishing in Brazil.

To finish up (what a big post!!!), here goes some pics of not painted head poppers.

Click the image to open in full size.

And first ones I made - never tyied those (except for some of the small ones):