Originally Posted by mrl0004
The things I know I need to improve are:
1) Apply several coats of paint, instead of one.
2) I need to find a way to improve the eyes. I tried to apply them with a brush and it wasn't happening.
3) I have no idea how to tie the legs in where they look more like they should
4) Also improve the blotting for the dots on the back, I used the brush again and it was tough.
5) Finally I will probably do at least 2 coats of varnish next time.
1) I do one coat of paint over a coat of epoxy
2) Use something solid to make the eyes. The heads of different size nails works great
3) personally I think that legs "sewn" right through the body is best, but a figure-8 wrap right behind the head works well
4) use a finishing nail head just touched to the paint
5) no need for varnish if you use epoxy then acrylic