View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 06:51 PM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of
Default Re: Southwest Ohio (Cincinnati Metro Area)

Welcome Jonathan.

I'll take a whack at it...
You are going to be hard pressed to find trout fishing anywhere in your area let alone Ohio in general. We have great steelhead fishing up here in the northeast, but outside of that, the only 2 public access rivers that have trout are Mad River near Dayton (probably your best bet), and the Clear Fork of the Mohican north of Columbus. Both are nice rivers, but the drive for me is not worth the trip and I'd just assume drive East to PA. I will tell you, that if you go to the Mad, its not your typical trout stream...Looks like an irrigation ditch for the farmland that it runs through, but the water is cold and it holds trout.

Mad River Outfitters near Dublin/Columbus is very knowledgeable on both rivers so if you need more info on them or are looking to find spots, they will point you in the right direction.
I'd stick with Bass, Bluegill, or Carp if I was in your area and you wanted to get a line wet. Otherwise, you are gonna have to travel to find trout streams.
Holler if you have any more questions.