View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 08:29 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What I learned about a 3WT

Yes it was. Everything stopped when the bass hit that bugger, including my breathing. The rod was doubled over and I just had to wait them out. Il be out with it again real soon. I think I need to build an 8' 3wt now

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabi View Post
Looks like a good outing!

I had my 3wt out this evening, a nice crappie and a few decent bluegills for my efforts. It was a bit windy with a very light rain falling and a McGinty got their attention.

Forget the roll casting into the wind with the 3wt, too. Couldn't fish a couple spots I usually try because of the wind.
I learned that the hard way. The line just hung up in the wind like a kite.